Senegal’s Dieng makes an incredible last-second save to preserve QPR’s score level against Sunderland.


Senegal’s Dieng makes an incredible last-second save to preserve QPR’s score level against Sunderland.

After giving up twice in the first half, the goalkeeper made sure they left with a point with a successful header.

On Saturday at the Stadium of Light against Sunderland, Senegal goalkeeper Seny Dieng salvaged a late Championship equalizer for QPR.

Sunderland was brought back by QPR with two goals in stoppage time after the home team had established a 2-0 lead at the interval.

In the 31st and 40th minutes, Sunderland’s Ross Stewart and Ellis Simms each scored goals. Their accomplishments were eventually undone by their tenacious foe.

I had the option of replacing them all: 10 Hag

Ten Hag claims that specific mistakes are to blame for his strategies being “thrown in the bin.”

When he blocked Stewart’s shot for Sunderlands, Dieng prevented QPR from losing. Deep in the midfield, Alex Pritchard was picked up by Dan Neil, who then launched a deft play that found Jack Clarke. For Stewart, he chipped the ball in, but the Senegalese blocked Stewart’s final shot.


In the 18th minute, Dieng’s teammates broke down the left side. Albert Adomah was unable to score from an open area because his effort was off-target after collecting a pass from Olamide Shodipo.

One minute after the halfway point

Just one minute after the halfway point, Sunderland broke the tie. Following a pass recovery by Stewart, Pritchard was given the ball. The advance past two opponents to find Neil. Stewart scored off the rebound after Dieng first stopped Neil’s attempt to give his team the lead.

Dieng maintained his defensive composure as he stopped Corry Evans from scoring for the hosts with a volley.

The second goal was given up by the Senegal goalie following Sunderland’s preparation. Lyndon Gooch received the ball from Evan after a good touch. Then passed it to Simms for a goal and a double-digit lead.

QPR persisted in their battle, and two equalizers late in the second half showed that their efforts had paid off.

Ilias Chair took the free kick

Ilias Chair took the free kick awarded to QPR by a foul committed at the edge of the area. However, expertly placing it in the top corner to halve the deficit.

In the third minute of extra time, Shodipo nearly scored for the opposition, but Andrew Patterson made a great save and gave up a corner that proved crucial for QPR.

At the Stadium of Light, Dieng had the opportunity to head the ball past Patterson after the corner had only been partially cleared.


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.